There are two main types of event on our calendar:
- public events, which are visible to everyone, and
- private events, which are visible only to paid-up members of Cornbury
Why? Many of our members are closeted and need the assurance that the general public is not going to show up and possibly blow their cover. If you’ve been there, you’ll understand. If you haven’t, please bear with us.
If you can see an event on the calendar, you’re welcome to attend. Click on the event to view it.
Signing Up, or Booking
Events often support Bookings, which simply give the organisers some control over numbers and names for planning purposes. Please – if an event requires a booking, then sign up rather than simply showing up. If you can book for an event, there’ll be a section for that below its description.
- Login. If you don’t have an account, you’ll have to request one; see our Contact page.
- Select the number of spaces you want (say, if you’re bringing a guest), fill in the details and submit.
- You’ll get an email in a few minutes acknowledging that you made a booking.
- The event organisers will be notified and will confirm (or – highly unlikely – deny) your request. You’ll get another email to that effect, at which point you’re booked in.
Cancelling your Booking
If you find you can’t make an event for which you’ve booked, please make sure you cancel your booking. Do this:
- Find the event on the calendar and click it.
- Under Bookings, click Manage my bookings.
- Next to the event involved, click Cancel.
Bookings vs. Signups
They’re pretty much the same thing. On the old site they were called Signups; on the new one they’re called Bookings. Unlike the old Signups, Bookings can also be for ticketed (i.e. paid) events and can (eventually) collect payment via PayPal.