Cornbury Society Annual General Meeting 2015
Meeting held at the ABC Restaurant, Newton, BC
14 April, 2015
- Sharon V
Welcome new members to the society. – Lauren, Cherese, Lukas and Frederika
Meeting called to order 7:05 PM
Sharon V – Chairperson
- financial report – Sharon Valmont
- web miss report – Stephanie Mitchell
- communication activity – Sharon Valmont
- membership paid and unpaid members -Waneta Falcon (originally Emerald City) is now a member of Cornbury, although NOT a Cornbury Esprit rep (we already have four voting members). She can therefore officially be treasurer for the Esprit committee.
A lot of new people I email or talk to give some of the common reasons why they cannot make our meetings on first visits…
- Timing of the meetings
- Day of the week
- Not in their own comfort zone both at home and in public/
- what would be better night and location.
- family obligations
- work obligations
- would a change of day or time help with this?
- Suggested location Coquitlam -ABC 100 Schoolhouse St, Coquitlam, once every three months for new membership new membership to meet at. – agreed by the group. To be implemented this summer. Further discussion needed; I will need to meet with the owners at the abc in Coquitlam to determine feasibility.
- We need consistency with all or start times and of our events. ABC meetings will start at 630 pm – for those who wish we can meet at 5 to socialize. This has been generally how it has been happening. Meals to be ordered 6 to 630 PM
- banner/business cards. Business card will need a reprint the stock I have is out of date and no longer correct. Stephanie will look for the banner as she my have it. If not, we my need a reprint.
Any business cards will need to be redone, Stephanie to send me a template.
- summer/fall activities – Ideas – brainstorming
- involvement in pride events in the lower mainland: do we want to participate and how much commitment do we have in the group?
- Cornbury visibility – website visits out in the community?
Overall since the new website has been implemented I feel our overall traffic has increased dramatically. Phone calls are up and we have been getting much more info requests to email@example.com
Website visibility is much higher thanks to wordpress-based site.
There have been minimal complaints with the changes. Overall everyone is happy with the usability and features of the website.
- Nominations for positions – financial secretary – social director – society president.
- President: Sharon V – Nominated by Sandra, Stephanie seconded, voted in favor – acclaimed
- Secretary: Kay was not present- remains as group secretary. Acclaimed, as there were no other nominations.
- social director – not implemented this time
- Treasurer: Sharon V acclaimed for this year no changes are needed
- Esprit Representatives: current representatives acclaimed – Sandra, Stephanie, Kay and Sharon V. Unpaid members are not eligible to be nominated.
- 25th anniversary 2015 – any thoughts on a party of some sort?
thoughts to combine this with our Christmas party at the end of the year
Cherese has a offered to host a pot luck BBQ at hr place in Vancouver for the group in August. Further discussion to follow on this event. We could carpool since parking is tight in that area
|Post office box||annual fee||$89.60|
|Xmas party based on attendance||$188.68|
$835.47 current banking balance as of April 2015
520.00 membership dues paid for 2015
$538.28 year 2014
$315.47 balance as of Dec 31 2014
balanced carried 315.47